Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Coupons need to be organized in order to keep it easy. There are different ways of doing it, I'll tell you my way. Every week I buy about 3-4 newspapers, 1 local and 2-4 big city papers (they have more and sometimes higher amount on coupons). I take a sharpie and write the date on each and put them into a big binder. You can put holes in them or do as i do and make a stack. I usually keep them this way for 2 months. On the first of every month I go through the oldest and cut the coupons that haven't expired yet and put them into a accordion file that I bought at Wal-Mart. I categorized it basically by aisle (dairy, meat, beverages, cleaning, etc.) This is also where I put other coupons I get in the mail or if I printed any off the computer. Also before the end of the month I go through and make sure to use any that I want before they expire.


Another way is to go through each week and cutting out the ones you would use. I started out doing this, but found that I was missing out on some really nice deals because I didn't cut a certain one.

It takes time and patience but its worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment